New Jahra Hospital is a medical complex located 30 kilometers west of Kuwait City, in Al Jahra. It consists of the Main Hospital building, Dental Clinic, Regional Health Administration building, Central Utility Plant and two car park buildings.
The Main Hospital building is on a 67,000 m2 area plot, with a total area of approximately 466,000 m2. It has 1903 beds, includes a full range of services and will function as a Trauma Center for the Jahra district. It is organized around a five story atrium. Major diagnostic and treatment programs and outpatient programs are located on the west side of the atrium. Inpatient bed wings are 14 stories tall, located on the east side of the atrium. Internal service corridors and bridges allow for horizontal inpatient transfer and service functions.
Major departments include: Accident and Emergency with Helipad on the roof and separate Adult and Pediatric treatment areas; over 20 Outpatient Clinics; Outpatient Procedures including Endoscopy, Pulmonary and Cardiology; Radiology and Nuclear Medicine; Same Day Medical observation unit; a modern Surgical suite with 20 OR’s including 2 hybrid rooms; a Women’s Center including Women’s Inpatient beds include Adult, Pediatric and Women’s Center beds as well as 12 unique ICU bed units.
- Dental Clinic is on a 6,000 m2 area plot with a total build-up area of approximately 31,000 m2. It contains one underground level, a ground floor and 3 stories.
- Regional Health Administration building is on a 1,900 m2 area plot with a total area of approximately 5,700 m2. It contains one underground level, a ground floor and 2 stories.
- Central Utility Plant is on a 8,000 m2 area plot with a total area of approximately 24,000 m2. It contains one underground level, a ground floor and 1 floor.
- Car Park 1 building is on a 15,000 m2 area plot with a total area of approximately 121,000 m2. It contains one underground level, a ground floor and 6 stories.
- Car Park 2 building is on a 9,000 m2 area plot with a total area of approximately 72,000 m2. It contains one underground level, a ground floor and 6 stories.
BEXEL worked directly for the Kuwaiti government (Al-Diwan Al-Amiri), in cooperation with the consultant (PACE) and the main contractor. Here's a list of services on the project:
- Develop a full 3D BIM model based on architectural, structural and MEP designs.
- Keep the model up-to-date and run regular constructability analyses in order to detect and resolve conflicts among structural, architectural and MEP elements.
- Construction monitoring with on-site monitoring team.
- Provide advanced 3D/4D construction visualizations based on the BIM model, in order to improve contractors’ and other stakeholders’ insights into the construction process with Building Explorer BIM Analysis Tools, BEXEL’s proprietary software package.
- Collect, analyze and process all construction progress data - while generating day by day progress audits, executive reports and predictions.
Presentation of the New Jahra Hospital
This video is BEXEL Consulting's presentation of the detailed, 3D BIM model we have built for the New Jahra Hospital Complex in the city of Kuwait. Video showcases a number of details and perspectives on the BIM model and a walkthrough animation through the complex.